Friday, January 12, 2018

New Blog Format

Prior to posting my recent "Circus On The Severn" article, I finally gave in and replaced my original blog template and format with a more current version available from Blogger. For one thing, it gets Life at the Frontier past its original '2003 look'. More important, it makes it more compatible for posting blog content to Facebook and other social media.

One drawback has been that the list of links on the right do not automatically transfer over to the new version. I did copy the HTML from that section of the old template into a MS Word doc so that I would have a list of all of the links I had posted in the old version. I did some research to try to find out if there is a straightforward way of importing a list of links into the "gadget" that Blogger now supplies for such content. If there is, it's still eludes me. I've begun adding links individually starting with ones that I refer to daily, using a little trickery to create spaces between subject matter categories. I will continue to gradually add more links, both from the previous version (leaving out those that are defunct or that I no longer refer to) plus links I did not have before. Adding links one by one is a time consuming process, so it will take time to build up content.

BTW, the background image in my new format is of the Hubble Ultra Deep Field 2014. For the scientific background for this image, start with this NASA press release. For a transcendent impact of this image, consider this verse from Scripture"The heavens declare the glory of God; the firmament proclaims the works of his hands" Psalm 19:1

No comments: