Friday, February 17, 2006

Best of this Blog, etc.

Sometimes, I'll put a little more work into a post here, and get a lot of satisfaction out of seeing it at the top of this page. Then, of course, I stay current and blog again, meaning the favorite scrolls down and eventually off the page, to be found only in the archives. Occasionally, it's a special post that covers one of the major themes of this blog or, better yet, ties together two or more themes in a big picture view. (Yeah, I know some might say a 'flying leap'.) And the post will have an enduring timeliness beyond the events of the day.

So, I've introduced a feature called Best of this Blog near the top of the sidebar on the right. The first two posts to enter this 'hall of fame' are Why We March, my annual (slightly revised each year) essay I post around the time of the March for Life in January, and Most Precious Resource, the post from earlier this week that covers asteroid mining and the social implications of the frontier. I'll occasionally add others when I blog new posts that I feel deserve this enduring recognition, or discover old ones in the archives.

I've also added to and revised my links, including a few added blogs.

No comments: