Monday, January 23, 2006

The People Speak Truth To Power

It's been an awesome couple of days with the events surrounding the March For Life. I attended Sunday afternoon's final convention session, which was capped by St. Louis Archbishop Raymond Burke's powerful discussion of natural law and civic life. Last evening was the National Prayer Vigil for Life at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, with a packed congregation. I talked with people from South Carolina, Connecticut, Minnesota, etc.

This morning I attended the Blogs for Life conference, meeting several bright and nice bloggers including La Shawn Barber, The Revolution, Tim of ProLife Blogs, realitycheck(dot)ie (all the way from Ireland!), Irish Law (as in Notre Dame), Pro-Life With Christ, The Stem Cell Extremist, plus a journalist and a student writer. My regrets to anyone I've overlooked and to the other fine bloggers in the room I did not get to talk with.

The Rally on the Mall included many fine speakers highlighted by a call from Kansas by President Bush. Nobody officially counts crowd numbers in DC anymore, but looking back from Capitol Hill during the March to the crowds filling Constitution Avenue many blocks distant, I can only guess the number was well over the standard 100,000 figure. Others I've talked to feel the same way.

After a short drop in at my pro-abortion congressman's office, I stopped by the Susan B. Anthony List reception, and could have stayed longer had I known that the RNC reception was closed due to overcapacity attendance.

Enroute to the Metro, my final stop was a particularly powerful event at the Supreme Court where women grievously hurt by their abortion experiences declared that they are Silent No More.

I really feel the peaceful strength of this movement is making history as did the Polish Solidarity movement and the 'People Power' movement in the Philippines, to name just two recent examples. We don't just do this March to complain about the status quo. We're in it to win, to restore the recognition of the God-given rights of every human being.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'll tell you you're going to hell.I won't call you evil either.
I don't hate you at all.
I just think you're misguided.
You think I'll kill you.
Steal your baby.
Move to fuck you against your will.
I don't want to hurt you.And if I don't procreate
am I evil?
If I don't pray
am I evil?

If I fuck someone out of wedlock.If I drink to much.
If I orgasm with someone of the same "sex."
If I love someone who is nice.
Am I evil?

Anonymous said...

It was good to meet you at Blogs for Life conference Joe. Thanks for metioning my blog on your post.
blessings,
Galen

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,
First I must comment to "Annonymous"...May your bitterness be replaced with the sweetness of GRACE!!
It was nice seeing you at the "March for Life" in line to see Senator Santorium, although we had no luck seeing him, we got to chat a bit.
I thought the March was a big success and I know the overwhelming response of Marchers will change this Holocaust!
God can take the evil we do and bring about good, especially when He hears us persevering in our prayers!!
Thanks for giving me a your blog to speak out!