Monday, January 12, 2004

Like-minded Blogging Communities
I've decided to register with a couple of blogging communities, St. Blog's Parish and Blogs for Bush. Part of the fun of the Blogosphere is in joining with others with whom one shares common values. Being like-minded doesn't mean unanimity on every topic, and lively discussions can be read.

Some brief background: I'm a middle-aged guy employed in the space industry, working on the Hubble Space Telescope. Of course, all opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer or any other organization I'm affiliated with.

Prior to my current residence in the Maryland suburbs of DC, I lived in Mountain View, CA for 17 years and grew up near Philadelphia. (Go Eagles!)

Here is my local parish. I'm actively involved in space policy advocacy, prolife activities, and sometimes participate in political campaigns.

I launched this blog last July, hopefully raising and connecting ideas that challenged the conventional wisdom. Being a somewhat busy guy with a day job and slow typing fingers, I don't get to blog on every topic or with the depth I would like, nor am I as prolific as some of the bloggers I read. (I'm very thankful for hyperlinks, which allow me to save time explaining every point.) When I get the time, I hope to improve the site, adding more links, a working comment capability etc.

In the meantime, I'll have fun sharing my thoughts and upsetting the conventional wisdom whenever I get the time.

No comments: